« Home | Time Travel » | All About Arithmatic » | News from Lake Michigan » | 58 Days Home and Looking Up » | 55 Todays Toward Tomorrow » | 49 Days and Counting on More » | 40 Days and Nights » | 33 Days Home » | Life is a Hurricane - Day 26 » | And in other news - Day 20 » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

Thanks and Giving

It will be next week when we hear back from John's bone marrow test, but they expect no signs of leukemia and are more interested in how much of his "old" DNA shows up and how much is of his donor's healthy cells. He will be reducing his anti-rejection medicine this week and is also tapering his Prednisone. Good things to be thankful for.

I ran across a web article on "Letting Go of Hope" that caught my eye. I need to read it again but it is thoughtful, even if political.
http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1122-21.htm

Courtney will be staying with us now that SCAD is over for the quarter. Four people and two dogs in an old three bedroom, two bath home. It will be fun, though she will be in California visiting friends for part of the time.

We are off to Florida for the holiday and will be back Saturday. We've realized that it has been a year and a half since I've seen my in-laws. Time is relative and you can't catch up on it, but you need to with your relatives. Tis the season to do that.

About me

  • I'm Randy Cadenhead
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
  • My son John was diagnosed in November of 2004 with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). Since then, he underwent three rounds of chemotherapy and received a bone marrow transplant in Seattle. This site is about his experience, as seen through his father's eyes. Links to John's website and to his own live journal are below.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates