« Home | The King is Gone » | Looking Ahead » | New Look » | Under Construction » | One year ago tomorrow, John returned to Emory ho... » | There and Back Again » | World's Apart » | New Year's News » | A Christmas Story - A Poem in Prose, an Allegory o... » | Change Happens » 

Saturday, February 11, 2006 

Better Still




John's report card from his doctor's visit yesterday turned out to be better than I thought. His doctor said that he is pretty much "fully recovered." (They never use the word cured with a cancer patient.) The doctor even asked if John would be willing to come answer questions from his medical school class, which pleased John a lot.

After the last trial test next week, John will move to MONTHLY doctor's visits, unless something starts to bother him. I'm sure there was more, but I couldn't hear because my smile was even wider than my ears.

We had the house walk through today and John got to scope out his space downstairs. These pictures are the two entrances to his space at "232 1/3 Superior Avenue." He is wanting to move already. Afterwards, we went shopping at IKEA for bedroom furniture for him. All in all, for a cold and windy winter day, it has felt pretty warm inside.

About me

  • I'm Randy Cadenhead
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
  • My son John was diagnosed in November of 2004 with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). Since then, he underwent three rounds of chemotherapy and received a bone marrow transplant in Seattle. This site is about his experience, as seen through his father's eyes. Links to John's website and to his own live journal are below.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates