« Home | Here, There and Everywhere » | "Who only stands and waits" » | Better Still » | The King is Gone » | Looking Ahead » | New Look » | Under Construction » | One year ago tomorrow, John returned to Emory ho... » | There and Back Again » | World's Apart » 

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 

Midterms

I'm back from one trip and about to take two quick ones this week. I'm speaking at the annual meeting of the International Association of Privacy Professionals on responding to subpoenas. It's a dry topic in some respects, but it is also quite current, since it there is so much in the news about warrantless surveillance, the Patriot Act's renewal, the government wanting to know what your Google searches are and so forth.

John starts midterms today. He is trying very hard to prepare, and I can see how hard it is to summon the mental energy he needs. Some of the difficulty is having been away from school for a year, but I can tell he is also not fully back in terms of energy and maybe concentration. I am glad to be able to handle cleaning and such for him and Debbie has been cooking every night, all of which helps a lot.

Next week John has Spring Break, and we plan to get him moved over to the new house. We have his space clean and about set up.

It was sad to learn about Dana Reeves passing from lung cancer. Irony can be as sad as life at times, and I feel for their son and the rest of the family.

About me

  • I'm Randy Cadenhead
  • From Atlanta, Georgia
  • My son John was diagnosed in November of 2004 with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). Since then, he underwent three rounds of chemotherapy and received a bone marrow transplant in Seattle. This site is about his experience, as seen through his father's eyes. Links to John's website and to his own live journal are below.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates